It’s an unfortunate (and scary) reality that there are individuals out there who will deliberately cause damage to your property for little or no reason at all. These acts of vandalism can be anything from a keyed car or a smashed window to serious property damage that may even put you and your loved ones in danger.
If you have a strong insurance plan, it likely also covers vandalism damage. But how do you file a strong vandalism damage claim that ensures you get the most generous payout your policy allows?
Luckily, a good public adjuster has the know-how to guide you through the claim process. However, before you start googling “property damage adjuster near me”, you should take the time to learn more about property damage claim process in Los Angeles. Read on.
Vandalism damage claim checklist:
- Step #1: Get a police report. Vandalism is a crime, so you should dial 911 ASAP. Having a police report that proves your property was deliberately damaged or defaced is crucial.
- Step #2: Notify your insurer. You must do this quickly in order to meet your insurance claim deadlines. Be ready to provide information about the vandalism incident, such as time, date, and type of damage incurred.
- Step #3: Contact a public adjuster. The answer to “When should I hire a property damage adjuster near me” is: as early as you can. Insurance companies tend to be extremely serious about vandalism claims due to the high number of fraudulent claims out there. A public adjuster will ensure you file a rock-solid claim that gets you your rightful due.
- Step #4: Arrange for repairs. Once the damage has been thoroughly documented, you should repair or replace the damaged property. Don’t forget to check if your policy includes any deductibles.
What should I do if my car has been vandalized?
Vehicle vandalism includes scratched paint, graffiti, broken windows, torn or twisted windscreen wipers, slashed tires, and more. It often occurs at inopportune places, forcing you to move your car before your insurer has had the chance to assess the damage.
If your car has been vandalized, do the following:
- At the scene. Notify the Los Angeles Police Department immediately. If there are witnesses, make sure to gather their contact information.
- Secure your vehicle. Don’t drive your car unless you’re certain it’s safe to do so. Remove your belongings if the car has to be towed. Don’t clean up or repair the damages until your insurer has assessed the damages.
- Document the damage. Extensively photograph the damage from every angle. If you have any recent pictures of your car prior to the vandalism, don’t forget to provide those as well in your vandalism damage claim.
How do I protect my Los Angeles property against vandalism?
Searching online for the “best property damage adjuster near me” after your property has already suffered malicious damage or defacement is all well and good, but how do you prevent such things from happening in the first place?
Here are a few tips on how to protect your property against vandals:
- Install bright security lights outside and inside your workplace or home.
- Get unbreakable security glass that makes acts such as window smashing impossible.
- Place a fence around your property.
- Consider security patrols.
- If the property isn’t occupied at all times, arrange inspections that are in line with Policy requirements.
Where can I hire a top-notch property damage adjuster near me?
Whether your property was vandalized or hit by a natural disaster (for example, the Getty Fire), don’t hesitate to contact Integral Adjusters LLC. Our property damage claims expert, Michael McEvoy, will happily give you a free consultation and advise you on how to best proceed with your case.
Reach out to us today. We’ll help you get the highest payout your policy entitles you to.